Volta Charging Stations as DOOH
From Volta August 9, 2022
Big numbers announced for the Volta Media Network with over a billion impressions.
- 4600 large screens (55 inch outdoor) across the country
- Over a billion impressions though there is no explanation for that number basis. e.g. if I go shopping at Kohls for 45 minutes do those 30 minutes of ads count as impressions?
- We have no idea what the average ROAS is for this form of advertising. Data firm Quotient calculated for Coke “$2.51 million in attributable sales and a ROAS 56 percent higher than average” relative to Volta. No idea what average ROAS is.
- Roughly 2300 installations given dual sided kiosks
- Volta lists 2861 current locations
- Highlighted locations — Cinemark Theatres, Giant Food, Kohl’s, Stop & Shop, and Tanger Outlets
- 124 million electric miles
- Figure 15-30 miles per charge (in an hour?)
- Figure 350K charging sessions
- Charging technology per Volta
- L2 Charging Speed: 7-10 kWh, or up to 35 miles of range per hour. Note that miles per kWh vary from ~2 to ~4 miles per kWh depending on the efficiency of your make/model.
- DC Fast Charging Speed: 50-60 kWh, or up to 210 miles of range per hour depending on your EV.
- Free charging (you just get to watch ads)
- Interesting too the age demographics of users (see below)
Metrics for EV Charging Station Advertisers
Volta further distinguishes itself by offering advertisers a suite of measurement capabilities enabled by collaborations with industry-leading measurement companies. These relationships allow Volta to report on the same full-funnel impact marketers have come to expect from the most notable digital advertising platforms. This includes performance metrics like sales lift and incremental return on ad spend (ROAS)—a new frontier for the DOOH industry. Volta’s ability to meaningfully drive bottom-of-the-funnel results was best demonstrated through two recent campaigns. Working with a leading shopper intelligence platform, Catalina, Volta revealed its ability to deliver an 8 percent sales lift for Dole’s products and increase category share for the brand by 8.5 percent. In a separate campaign for Coca-Cola, Volta, and digital media and promotions technology company Quotient, measured $2.51 million in attributable sales and a ROAS 56 percent higher than average.4
Volta Recommended Locations
Volta User Demographics
Peerless-AV seems to be the primary producer of these EV Charging Station Kiosks.